I’m extremely excited to announce something that I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.
Ever since I started diving into the world of podcasts about a year ago, I’ve wondered what it would be like to host my own.
As a team member of BrightEyes, a study tour program that provides undergraduates at UCSD with the opportunity to experience an industry firsthand, I’ve decided to leverage the BrightEyes platform for my podcast. In this episode, I have the privilege of interviewing one of my mentors and the founder of BrightEyes herself.
The BrightEyes Podcast is the official podcast for BrightEyes. Tune in every month for a new podcast! The podcast features various individuals part of the BrightEyes community. BrightEyes team member, Daniel Kao, will be joined by founders, investors and various industry professionals to chat about college to real world transition, career development, industry trends and startups. Visit our site (brighteyes-students.org) to learn more about the program and what’s next!
Give this podcast a listen, and feel free to contact me if you have any thoughts, questions, or comments!
Show Notes and References
- Tiffany’s background (2:09)
- How Tiffany began exploring careers in college (3:30)
- Tiffany’s trip to New York and how that impacted her career (5:18)
- How do you reach out to professionals? (7:02)
- How did BrightEyes get started? What were the challenges in the beginning? (8:56)
- The two years of BrightEyes tours, and the difference between them (11:52)
- Where BrightEyes is headed in the future (15:45)
- Self-awareness and the power of knowing yourself (17:52)
- Networking is about adding value and building a relationship (21:05)
- What it’s like to be on the mentor side of the relationship, and why Tiffany does BrightEyes (23:35)
- What is it like to be a female in a very male dominated industry? (25:30)
- What does success mean to you? (28:29)
- What advice would you give your 10 year younger self? (31:10)
- What daily routines are crucial to your life? (31:52)
- Find out more about Tiffany @tiffanydstone, http://tiffanydstone.com/
- Find out more about BrightEyes @brightEyes_news, email@example.com http://brighteyes-students.org/