Hello. My name is Daniel Kao and I am a 19 year old that will empower you to change the world.
Welcome to my humble corner of the internet, the place that I decorate and post my thoughts and creations on a seemingly endless digital canvas. Text, graphics, motion, effects, shapes, colors, and sounds are all parts of expressing creativity.
Diplateevo was initially created as a personal outlet for my thoughts, but has now become a place where I want to publish high quality articles to help anyone who visits my blog. Diplateevo is generally a place for education, inspiration, productivity, leadership, technology, but may contain other musings.
I am currently studying Computer Science at the University of California, San Diego. Throughout high school and college, I have taken various opportunities to apply my design knowledge, ranging anywhere from projects to clubs and publications. In my free time, I explore different aspects of programming, web design, electronic design, etc. Much of these explorations have given me opportunities to create things personally and professionally.
Besides design, I also enjoy learning about business and practical ways to approach different tasks with different mindsets. The purpose of my blog is to provide productivity and mindsets that will be practical in the real world, challenging people to see new perspectives.
While you’re here, feel free to check out my portfolio and blog!
I am always interested in taking on new challenges, so feel free to contact me if you have a design project, question, or suggestion.
Favorite Blog Posts
These are the most popular posts on this blog, feel free to read these first.
- On Ambiverts: Why Distinguishing Between Extroverts and Introverts is Inadequate
- A Letter to My Teachers
- Lessons Learned From My Five Month Web Development Internship
- Being the Extreme Optimist
- To Give Students an Education, Give Them a Voice
- Four Steps to Effective Leadership
- Flow States: Understanding your Productivity Zone
- Why Children are Able to Learn Much Faster than Adults
- The Disturbing Reality: How I Learned More at one TEDx Conference than a Quarter in College
- How to Learn in School
- 6 Tips on Being a Better Leader in High School
- No More Excuses
Right to Copy
Any article or content found on this blog can be shared without permission. I believe strongly in the content written in these posts, and I would love for it to impact as many people as possible. All I ask is that you don’t take credit for writing it.
Connect with Daniel